Sunday 29 July 2012

An old one

I have been lazy and otherwise engaged the past couple of weeks, sketches have been done but they either need to be scanned or finished up a bit more.

But here's one I found from a while ago. I love Gormenghast, I think I'd put it in my top 3 as far as books so. It's so full of amazing characters, I started trying to do a portrait of each one. I only got through about 3 thought and this sketch I started of Countess Gertrude was probably my favourite.
In case you haven't read them she's described as a behemoth of a woman, and is pretty much usually only concerned with her birds and her cats. She's a stout old battleaxe though and I liked her no BS attitude.



Holy crap, just looked on the date of the photoshop file and it's from July 2010. Little bit depressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment