Saturday 10 December 2011

My pencilcase threw up

I tried to mop it up but this was still left on the paper:


It started out as an ok sketch that I did from a More! magazine (Ha! Yeah I know, but it was lying around and needed inspiration (and fab celebrity goss... ) and with my beautiful vibrant daler rowney colouring pencils barely used I figured I could add a bit of pizzaz to it. However I just ended up getting myself in a hole because I didn't leave any space for hilights and to be honest I am not at all practised with coloured pencils. So it ended up a bit of an experiment and a learning curve.

However, I told my boyfriend off the other day because he started a drawing in his new sketchbook and then ripped it out because he didn't like it and didn't want people to see it. I pointed out it's a sketchbook not a portfolio, it's supposed to show progression not just your best work. He disagreed but anyway, I can't be a hypocrite now can I?
So here is crazy green-brown girl, in all her awkwardly posed, badly coloured, high waisted hotpants glory.

I actually quite like the pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment