Sunday 26 February 2012

A corner of my own

Since I moved to London I have variously worked on my lap, on kitchen tables, on strange plastic stands, on my bed, and everywhere in between. So, thanks to the wonder of men and their carrying/self assembly abilities, I now have a proper little desk tucked into the corner of our room. So I can happily squirrel myself away and do work or pretend to work.

Painting for this evening:



My problem with painting in photoshop is refining it. I want it to still look painty and texturey, but they always look unfinished. I could work on this more but I told myself that I couldn't go to bed until I'd posted something.

I also read 'Cages' by Dave McKean the other week. A quote in there states that paintings are never finished, they just stop at interesting points (or something like that). So, I'm using that as my explanation so far.

Nighty night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment